Essential Oils for Your Astrological Sign: Capricorn
After we’ve had our fill of fun and adventure in Sagittarius, the sun moves into Capricorn and it’s time to take all of those new experiences and knowledge and put them to the test. Capricorn season is the perfect occasion to set new goals for ourselves and work hard towards them. Capricorn is the tenth sign in the zodiac, often symbolized by the goat. It is a cardinal earth sign with negative polarity. Being a cardinal sign means that Capricorn has great initiative and force while its negative charge helps to make the sign more cautious and methodical. Being an earth sign gives Capricorn a special connection to the earth and nature. Capricorns are disciplined, responsible, and work hard at everything they do. They are highly motivated to reach their goals in both their careers and social lives. Capricorns understand the value of maintaining a good reputation and are known to be loyal and trustworthy friends. Aside from their hard-working nature, what pushes Capricorns to excel in their careers is the desire to have a stable and secure life. They value the comfort of consistency and will push themselves to attain it, no matter how long it may take. Thanks to Saturn, their planetary ruler, Capricorns know that everything takes time and they will work toward long-term goals and success. They can also fall victim to overworking themselves and will eventually burn out. Capricorns need to take time to nurture their own emotional needs as well as the needs of those around them to keep the balance in life. Always striving to push forward means that they have a strong sense of self and faith in their own abilities. This strong outer shell helps to protect Capricorns emotional inner self, which relies heavily on the support of those close to them, whether they would admit it or not.
Those with a Capricorn placement are determined, logical, and will work nonstop to reach their ambitious goals in life. This always-on-the-move lifestyle can take a toll and they may find themselves needing a little help keeping everything balanced. Essential oils have long been used to help us complement or balance out different aspects of our mind and spirit and can be used in aromatherapy and topical applications for those purposes.
Here are 5 useful essential oils for Capricorn:
- Ginger Essential Oil can help to ease stress when Capricorns may find themselves feeling overwhelmed by their ambitious workload. It helps to combat anxiety and negative feelings while also enhancing concentration so they can stay focused on the goal.
- Peppermint Essential Oil can help keep Capricorns invigorated and refreshed through long nights at work. It works to energize the mind, improve cognition, and help them connect with their deepest thoughts and feelings.
- Lime Essential Oil is a great tool to help make sure the busy Capricorn mind stays positive when they feel them succumbing to stress. It helps to uplift the mood, improve focus, and give them a boost of energy when they feel a little down.
- Wintergreen Essential Oil helps fight off mental and emotional fatigue when Capricorns need it most. It works to soothe stress, increase energy and encourage a positive mood to keep them at their best.
- Palmarosa Essential Oil helps bring the sometimes overly logical and methodical Capricorn back down to earth. It works to ground the mind, balance the emotions and allow for deeper connections with those around them.
Always Moving Forward Diffuser Blend
When Capricorns have a goal to reach, they will work tirelessly towards it no matter how many hours they have to put in. It can be difficult for tired and overwhelmed minds to do their best work so diffusing some brain-boosting essential oils can help them to stay sharp. Lime, peppermint, and wintergreen essential oils combine to help improve concentration and fight fatigue while also keeping the mood uplifted and refreshed.
- 5 Drops of Lime Essential Oil
- 3 Drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 Drops of Wintergreen Essential Oil
Add water to your diffuser up to the fill line. Add drops of the essential oil blend. This diffuser blend recipe is formulated for a 200ml ultrasonic diffuser. Adjust the amount according to the size and directions of your diffuser.
Emotional Reflection Candle
Capricorns can be ambitious and hard-working to the point of suppressing and neglecting their own emotional well-being. Taking a moment to light a candle and basking in its warm, flickering light creates a great opportunity to take a look deep inside ourselves and reflect on our feelings. Palmarosa, peppermint, and ginger essential oils come together to help Capricorns relax, look within, and reconnect with their emotional needs.
- 1 8oz heat-safe container
- 1 candle wick with a metal base (size may vary depending on the width of the container)
- 1 wooden skewer or chopstick
- 1 clothespin
- 1 cooking thermometer
- 8oz Soy Wax Flakes or Pastilles
- 40 drops of Palmarosa Essential Oil
- 20 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 20 drops of Ginger Essential Oil
- Mix the essential oils in a small bowl and set them aside.
- Add soy wax to a double boiler and heat until fully melted, stirring will help speed the process.
- Turn off the heat at 185°F, and add the essential oil mixture. Stir for 2 minutes, and remove from heat.
- Adhere the metal end of the wick to the bottom of your container using a wick tab sticker, super glue, or hot glue (in a pinch you can use your wax, but it’s not recommended). Press the end in the center of the bottom of the container.
- Straighten the wick and secure it at the mouth of the container with a clothespin resting on the top.
- Once the wax cools to 135°F, slowly pour the wax into the container.
- Let the candle sit for 24 hours, until fully set. Once set, remove the clothespin and trim the wick to 1/2 inch above the surface of the wax.