Leaving the self expressive and creative energy of Leo behind us, we enter the much more logical and work minded Virgo season. This is a time when we may push ourselves to really focus on working hard, helping others, and getting stuff done! After spending the summer being free and having fun, virgo is a great time to focus on what may be considered the boring stuff and get our lives back on track.
Virgo is the sixth sign of the zodiac and is a mutable earth sign with negative polarity. Being an earth sign makes virgos grounded and practical while the mutable quality of the sign allows them to remain flexible. The logical mind of the virgo does often mean that they enjoy having things a certain way and want things done to near perfection. They tend to be gifted problem solvers who enjoy researching and questioning extensively to figure out any task or problem they may face. Virgos have an eye for detail that may not be matched by others, which can sometimes come across as nitpicky. Virgos are also known for their neatness, often having neat and tidy homes with organization to be envied. They focus just as much energy and skill into their homes as they do any other project. Virgos thrive on a job well done in every aspect of life and struggle to accept failure or mediocrity. This trait often makes virgos workaholics who love to be challenged and productive in their work. It can also lead to overthinking and obsessing over every aspect of their current project in search of perfection. Virgos love to help others and often extend their hard working nature in service of those around them.
Those with a Virgo placement are logical, quick thinking and always willing to help others, even at the sacrifice of their own self care. They can sometimes need help to balance that drive for perfection and calm their body and mind. Essential oils have long been used to help us complement or balance out different aspects of our mind and spirit and can be used in aromatherapy and topical applications for those purposes.
Here are 5 great essential oils for Virgo:
- Lavender essential oil can help to soothe the overwhelmed Virgo when they've overloaded themselves with work. It works to calm the mind and reduce anxiety, allowing logic and focus to take over again.
- Eucalyptus essential oil works to energize Virgos when the stress and constant working finally catch up to them. It helps to increase mental energy as well as boost immunity as stress can leave them vulnerable to illness.
- Sandalwood essential oil can help to ground Virgos when their logical mind may have a hard time dealing with an emotional situation. It works to calm the mind while granting mental clarity and empathetic feelings.
- Grapefruit essential oil can help Virgos to push through when they're in the midst of a big or stressful project. It gives us a boost of energy while also helping to quell feelings of anxiety and worry.
- Clary Sage essential oil can help to calm the Virgo mind when their need for organization and order reaches the point of compulsion. It helps to induce feelings of relaxation while soothing irritability and frustration.
More great essential oils for Virgo include rosemary, black pepper, peppermint, vetiver, and chamomile.
Below are a couple of easy ways to utilize the powerful benefits of essential oils for your zodiac placement
Work Life Balance Diffuser Blend
Virgos love to work hard and always push themselves towards perfection even if it means they have to sacrifice their own mental wellness. Lavender, clary sage, and chamomile essential oils come to help calm the mind and allow Virgos to truly relax and recharge.
Add water to your diffuser up to the fill line. Add drops of the essential oil blend. This diffuser blend recipe is formulated for a 200ml ultrasonic diffuser. Adjust the amount according to size and directions of your diffuser.
Smooth Sailing Candle
Virgos are logical and detail oriented which means they can often get caught up in the small things and become stressed and anxious. Grapefruit, eucalyptus, and black pepper essential oils combine to keep them energized, focused, and stress free so they can see the work through.
- 2 cups soy wax flakes or pastilles
- 1 candle wick with a metal base
- 1 8oz heat safe container
- 1 wooden skewer or chopstick
- 1 clothespin
- 30 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- 30 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 20 drops Black Pepper Essential Oil
- Add soy wax to a double boiler and heat until fully melted, stirring throughout.
- Turn off the heat and dip the metal end of the wick into the wax. Press the end in the center of the bottom of the container. Hold while the wax hardens to secure the wick.
- Straighten the wick and secure it at the mouth of the container with a clothespin resting on the top.
- Slowly pour the wax into the container. Add the essential oils to the wax and, using the skewer or chopstick, gently stir the fragrance blend into the wax.
- Let the candle sit for 24 hours, until fully set. Once set, remove the clothespin and trim the wick to 1 inch.