After the groundedness and self-focus of Taurus season, Gemini season arrives with a more open, connecting energy. Gemini season offers the perfect opportunity to project our energies out into the social world and we may find ourselves craving that human connection during this time.
Gemini is the third sign of the zodiac and is often represented by twins. It is a mutable air sign with Mercury as its ruling planet. Mutable signs tend to have a more flexible nature while air signs are known for intelligence and skilled communication. Mercury as a ruling planet represents the mind and works to link the spirit to the world. These elements combine to make Geminis talkative and social but also inquisitive and quick learners, always buzzing with mental energy. There is a definite duality to Gemini which can be seen in its representation as the twins. They can see both sides of an issue and can argue with each simultaneously. This can sometimes make it seem as though Geminis change their minds and moods at a whim without caring or even noticing. Having a dual nature, it can be difficult to know which side of the twin is going to show up in any given situation. Geminis can often have internal conflict because they have two natures in one body that are not always working in unison. Geminis make for captivating conversationalists and can often be found seeking out insightful discussions and quick-witted debates. Their curious, information-hungry nature ensures that they are eager to listen in a conversation as much as they are to talk. Geminis enjoy social stimulation but can become bored and fidgety if they aren’t kept entertained. Those with a Gemini placement can have a somewhat flighty nature, floating from here to there in search of new information and mental stimulation. They are governed by their mind rather than their emotions, making their thoughts more self-centered and selfish at times.
Those with a Gemini placement may sometimes need help balancing their dual nature so they can enjoy both sides. Essential oils have long been used to help us complement or balance out different aspects of our mind and spirit and can be used in aromatherapy and topical applications for those purposes.
Here are some of our favorite essential oils for Gemini.
- Lemongrass essential oil can help to mentally rejuvenate quick thinking and curious Geminis. It can work to combat mental fatigue as well as boost memory to help retain new information.
- Bergamot essential oil is great for nurturing the mind and balancing the mood of the dual-natured Gemini. It is known to uplift the mood as well as helping to focus the mind.
- Basil essential oil is an excellent tool for Geminis to help clear their minds and kick start their quick thinking. It can improve concentration while energizing the mind and body.
- Lavender essential oil can help to balance and center the sometimes competing twins within Gemini. It is well known for its calming and healing abilities that work to reduce stress in the body.
- Jasmine essential oil can help to ease the tension and stress that may come with those busy Gemini thoughts. It works to calm the mind while also uplifting the mood and boosting confidence.
Below are a couple of easy ways to utilize the powerful benefits of essential oils for your zodiac placement
Twin Synergy Diffuser Blend
The duality that Geminis possess can be a blessing when the two sides are balanced and a curse when they fall out of sync. Lavender, Bergamot, and Jasmine essential oils come together to help the two sides of the Gemini spirit work together in a balanced synergy.
4 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
3 drops of Bergamot Essential Oil
2 drops of Jasmine Essential Oil
Relax and Recharge Bath Salts
A restorative soak in the bath is a great opportunity for Geminis to rest their hard-working minds and process all the new information they have soaked up that day. Bergamot, lemongrass, cedarwood essential oils combine to help calm and nurture the mind while also relaxing the body.
1 cup Epsom Salt
½ cup Coarse Mineral Sea Salt
¼ cup Fractionated Coconut oil
5 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
5 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
2 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and store them in a tightly closing container. Add a handful to a warm bath for a night of rejuvenation.