The summer solstice marks the beginning of a new zodiac season as the sun moves from Gemini into Cancer. Cancer season is a time to focus on creating deep, meaningful connections as well as a time to prioritize home and family life. We may find ourselves feeling more introverted and emotional during this time as the sensitive and intuitive Cancerian energy takes over. Everything we say and do feels as though it has a deeper meaning. This is an easygoing and gentle time of year but when we choose to act, we are doing so with intention.
Cancer is the fourth sign of the zodiac, represented by the crab. It is a cardinal water sign and is ruled by the moon, making Cancerians in tune with the lunar tides, as well as their internal rhythms. Cancerians tend to be perceptive and deeply in touch with their feelings with a sensitive and emotive nature. Those with a Cancer placement are known to be the moodiest of the zodiac, being both a water sign and being ruled by the moon. They feel all of the energetic influences around them and are not afraid to express their emotions. Cancers are known to be sympathetic, loving, and kind but they can also be very defensive and protective. A sign that likes to get their way, they often do so with thoughtfulness and care but are not above resorting to emotional manipulation if that fails. Cancer rules the fourth house, which is all about the home, meaning Cancerians are often homebodies who love having a safe and comfortable nest to retreat to. They see their home as their protective shell and part of who they are, taking pride in its appearance. Cancerian homes are typically comfortable, welcoming, and full of cherished keepsakes and mementos. Cancers are also the nurturers of the zodiac, which is reflected in this love of home and family. Traditions are very important to them and they value history and keeping their personal folklore alive. Cancerians are gifted storytellers with good memories who love to reminisce and share anecdotes from their past. This means that they are also often guilty of being unable to let go of the past and live in the present.
Those with a Cancer placement feel everything so deeply that they may sometimes need help balancing their emotions and protecting their sensitive and nurturing core. Essential oils have long been used to help us complement or balance out different aspects of our mind and spirit and can be used in aromatherapy and topical applications for those purposes.
These are the top 5 essential oils for Cancer:
- Rosemary essential oil can help to uplift and fortify Cancers in those moments when they are feeling particularly sensitive and tender. It helps to encourage a positive mood and promote relaxation.
- Frankincense essential oil can help sentimental Cancer let go of the past and focus their minds forward. It works to facilitate independence and healthy dependence while grounding the emotions.
- Patchouli essential oil can work to calm and steady Cancer when the moon pushes them into a moody and unpredictable state. It helps to balance emotions and level off mood swings.
- Chamomile essential oil can help to calm and nurture that emotional Cancerian nature. It works to balance their emotions and soothe the mind to avoid slipping into over sensitivity.
- Rose essential oil helps to focus Cancer's emotional depth towards love and positive feelings. It can improve the mood while helping to connect with others in a deeply loving way.
Below are a couple of easy ways to utilize the powerful benefits of essential oils for this zodiac placement.
Grounded and Present Diffuser Blend
Emotional and introspective Cancerians can get caught up in their emotions and past actions, leaving them overly sensitive and distracted from the present. When diffused, frankincense, rosemary, and chamomile essential oils come together to help balance out those strong emotions and get us grounded and focused on the here and now.Ingredients
- 4 drops of Frankincense Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Chamomile Essential Oil
Add water to your diffuser up to the fill line. Add drops of the essential oil blend. This diffuser blend recipe is formulated for a 200ml ultrasonic diffuser. Adjust amount according to size and directions of your diffuser.
Comfort of Home Aromatherapy Spray
Cancer is a very home-focused sign and having a comforting environment to spend time alone or with family is a top priority. Frankincense, patchouli, and rose essential oil combine to help create an uplifted and balanced mood in the home and encourage meaningful connection with those we invite into our space.
- 4oz Amber Glass Bottle with Spray Top
- 2oz High Percentage Alcohol
- 2 oz Witch Hazel Extract
- 15 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 10 drops Patchouli Essential Oil
- 10 drops Rose Essential Oil
Add 2oz of high percentage alcohol to the bottle. Add the essential oils and fill the remainder of the bottle with witch hazel, leaving a little space at the top. Shake well before each use. Spray all-around your home to create a warm and comfortable environment.