DIY Sugar Scrub Cubes
Everyone enjoys the exfoliating experience of a sugar scrub, especially during the cold winter months when we are trying our hardest to keep our skin smooth and moisturized. Unfortunately, traditional scrubs are typically packaged in jars that can sometimes be difficult to manage in the shower. We have to worry about scooping out the product we need while keeping water out of the jar and trying not to spill any excess. These little sugar scrub cubes introduce fun and convenience to the traditional sugar scrub. The cubes are single use, so no worries about getting water into the jar of sugar scrub and contaminating it. We can grab one cube per shower and the rest stay safe and dry. The best part is, the recipe is just as simple and contains only a few beneficial ingredients. The sugar exfoliates away dead skin while the sweet almond oil moisturizes for soft and smooth skin. The soap base adds a nice foaming element and helps to avoid too much oil buildup on the skin. Using essential oils in this recipe to add aroma, also offers additional benefits safely to our skin. Essential oils are well known for their anti-aging and moisturizing support to the skin.
Below you’ll find our simple recipe for Sugar Scrub Cubes, as well as a few essential oil blends to choose from. Choose your favorite oil or blend to add to the recipe to give it your own personal touch.
- Heat Safe Mixing Bowl
- Medium Pot or Double Boiler
- 1-2 inch Cube Silicone Mold or Silicone Ice Cube Tray
- Large Plastic Spoon or Rubber Spatula
- 4oz Cocoa Butter Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 4oz Sweet Almond Oil
- 10oz Granulated White Sugar
- 5ml of Age Defense Blend (Optional: add your own blend of your favorite essential oils. *See recommendations below)
- Chop melt and pour soap base into cubes. Add soap and sweet almond oil to a heat safe mixing bowl.
- Place the bowl on top of a pot filled with a few inches of water. *You could also use a two piece double boiler here.* Bring the water to a boil. Heat soap and oil, stirring often, until everything is completely melted.
- Remove the bowl from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before adding the essential oil blend.
- Very quickly stir in 12 ounces of granulated white sugar and immediately pour into the molds. Let the mixture cool and harden for at least two hours.
- Pop out each cube and store them in an airtight container.
While in the shower, squish one cube in your hand and rub into the skin to exfoliate. Rinse thoroughly.
*Using Essential Oils in this Recipe:
Choosing essential oils for this recipe can be a lot of fun and provides us with an opportunity to personalize it for our individual skin needs. Here’s a list of some popular essential oils that help support healthy skin:
- Lavender Essential Oil - anti-aging, calming, reduces inflammation, reduces wrinkles.
- Frankincense Essential Oil - Anti-aging, reduces wrinkles, grounding
- Peppermint Essential Oil - Cooling, energizing, reduces redness
- Geranium Essential Oil - reduces inflammation, brightens and tones, fights against breakouts
- Lemon Essential Oil - brightens and tones skin, removes dead skin cells, encourages a positive mood
- Grapefruit Essential Oil - reduces stretch marks and scars, tightens skin
- Age Defense Blend - Anti-aging, reduces dark spots and wrinkles, promotes a positive mood, brightens and tones skin
Try one of our recommended blends below or create your very own. Add your choice to the recipe above to create a personalized and beneficial product that will leave your skin happy and healthy!
Winter Skin Repair
- 40 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 40 drops of Geranium Essential Oil
- 20 drops of Grapefruit Essential Oil
Wash Away the Day
- 40 drops of Frankincense Essential Oil
- 30 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 20 drops of Bergamot Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Chamomile Essential Oil
Clean Body, Clear Mind
- 3ml of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 40 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 20 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 20 drops of Lemon Essential Oil