The holiday season is a fun-filled time full of celebration and connecting with loved ones. It may easily be the most exciting and joyful time of year for many of us but it can also quite easily be the most stressful and exhausting. After all of the elaborate meals and themed parties are over and we have waved goodbye to visiting family and friends, we are definitely due for some much-needed rest and relaxation. We may even consider a spa getaway to help our minds and bodies recover from the exertion.
This easy-to-make Foaming Bath Salts recipe can help to bring the spa experience right into our homes. Sea Salt and Epsom Salt work together to help ease sore muscles and stiff joints while also detoxifying and soothing the skin. Liquid Castile Soap creates a luxurious layer of foamy bubbles and helps the essential oils spread throughout the bath. Rich Jojoba Oil leaves skin moisturized and silky smooth. A few different essential oil blends give us the benefits we need most to recover from the holiday fun.
- 2oz Unscented Liquid Castile Soap
- 1/2oz Jojoba Oil
- 2 cups Course Mineral Sea Salt
- 1 cup Epsom Salt
- 80 drops Essential Oil Blend (choose from our suggestions below or create your own)
- Add Coarse Mineral Sea Salt and Epsom Salt to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add Castile Soap, Jojoba Oil, and Essential Oil Blend to a small bowl and stir together until well combined.
- Add liquid mixture to salts and stir thoroughly until the mixture is fully incorporated and the salt seems to be evenly coated.
- Scoop into airtight containers for storage.
Add about ½ cup to a warm bath and stir to dissolve. Wait for salts to thoroughly dissolve before stepping in, to avoid slipping.