When we decide to tap into our DIY side for the holidays we may find that the little ones in our lives can be especially difficult to create the perfect handmade gift for. This aromatherapy play dough is a great way to introduce essential oils to kids and allow them to have fun while enjoying their benefits. The soothing aroma of lavender essential can help to keep little minds calm and focused while they play.
- 1 cup of Flour
- ⅓ cup of Salt
- 2tsp of Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup of Distilled Water
- 1tbsp of Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 1-3 drops of Food Coloring
- 20 drops of Organic Lavender Essential Oil
- Add flour, salt, and cream of tartar to a small pot or saucepan. Add water and fractionated coconut oil and stir well.
- Place on a low heat and continue stirring.
- Stir in desired amount of food coloring and turn heat up to medium, stirring constantly.
- Continue stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan until the play dough fully thickens.
- When the dough comes away from the sides of the pot and is no longer wet, remove the play dough from the pot.
- Use your finger to poke a few holes into the dough and add essential oils. Knead the dough until it is fully combined. Store in an airtight container. Optional: Add a card with the gift or a decorative label on the container with the ingredients.