Halloween Essential Oil Crafts for Kids
With all the excitement of the holiday season and colder weather keeping us inside more often than not, it can be difficult to keep kids entertained. Halloween crafts are a great way to let children get involved in the spirit of the spooky season and create something they’ll enjoy even after the holiday. This is also a great opportunity to incorporate some of your favorite essential oils into a kids activity so they can also enjoy the many amazing benefits. Follow the easy recipes below and get your whole family involved for a fun night of eerie crafts.
All of these fun spooky crafts are safe for kids but they will still need some help, so should all be done under adult supervision. All of the recipes are formulated at a lower dilution rate to be more suitable for kids. Still be sure to do a patch test for any essential oils that may come into contact with skin before using. Some of the recipes involve working with materials heated to high temperatures. Make sure all participants wear gloves and long sleeves to protect their skin.
Monsters can be lurking around any corner and kids will love having a special tool to help keep them at bay. Us adults will love having an immune supporting aromatherapy spray that helps combat the real monsters, especially during cold and flu season of the colder months.
- 4 ounce Amber Glass Bottle with Spray Top
- 2 ounces of High Percentage Alcohol
- 2 ounces of Distilled Water (may use slightly less to leave room in the bottle for shaking)
- 24 drops of Immune Health Blend
- Monster Stickers
- Add 2 ounces of a high percentage alcohol to the bottle.
- Add immune health blend and fill the remainder of the bottle with distilled water, leaving a little space at the top.
- Shake well before each use.
- Add your monster stickers to the outside of the bottle so your Monster Spray is properly labeled. Spray all around kids bedrooms and play areas to help fight off “monsters”.
Pumpkin Cake Candle
This yummy smelling candle is a great way for older kids to help participate in decorating your home for Halloween and the whole fall season. Decorate the jar with a seasonal ribbon or stickers for that added spooky touch.
- 2 cups soy wax flakes or pastilles
- 1 candle wick with a metal base
- 1 8-ounce heat safe container
- 1 Wooden skewer or chopstick
- 1 clothespin
- 40 drops Cinnamon Orange Clove Fragrance Oil
- 20 drops Vanilla Fragrance Oil
- Mix the fragrance oils in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add soy wax to a double boiler and heat until fully melted, stirring throughout.
- Turn off the heat and dip the metal end of the wick into the wax. Press the end in the center of the bottom of the container. Hold while the wax hardens to secure the wick.
- Straighten the wick and secure it at the mouth of the container with a clothespin resting on the top.
- Slowly pour the wax into the container. Add the fragrance blend to the wax and, using the skewer or chopstick, gently stir the fragrance blend into the wax.
- Let the candle sit for 24 hours, until fully set. Once set, remove the clothespin and trim the wick to 1 inch.
Friendly Ghost Bath Bomb
A nice warm bath is a great way to end the day during the colder seasons. A sweetly scented fizzy companion can make it a little more fun! Kids will love watching the bubbly ghost disappear in the bath while the nourishing essential oil blend is released into the water and the air.
- Witch Hazel in a Misting Spray Bottle
- Ghost Shaped Hard Plastic or Metal Molds
- 2 cups of Citric Acid
- 4 cups of Baking Soda
- 2 ounces of Sweet Almond Oil
- 15 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Combine all the citric acid, baking soda, sweet almond oil, and essential oils in a bowl and mix well using gloved hands.
- Spritz a small amount of witch hazel onto the top of the powder mixture and stir it in. Repeat this process until the mixture packs together easily.
- Scoop the mixture into each mold one at a time and pack them down tightly.
- Allow them to dry for at least 24 hours. Store them in an airtight container.
This bright gooey slime is just as fun to make as it is to play with, making this a fun and creative group activity for a halloween party. Try making a few batches of different colors for everyone to trade and mix for the ultimate radioactive ooze.
- 2 cups Water
- 2 teaspoons Borax
- 10 ounces Clear Glue
- 5-10 drops Food Coloring of choice
- 6 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Add lemon essential oil and fractionated coconut oil to a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat water until very hot. Stir in borax until it is completely dissolved. Add 5-10 drops of food coloring to this solution.
- Combine the glue in a separate bowl with the essential oil and fractionated coconut oil mix.
- Pour the hot water and borax solution into the glue mixture a little at a time while continually stirring. Add more as needed until a thickened slime forms.
- Knead the slime and work it with your hands until it is smooth and stretchy.
- Store slime in a sealed container to keep it fresh and prevent drying out.
Creepy Crawlies Soap
These fun and spooky soaps are full of creepy crawlies and make a great addition or alternative to candy this Halloween season. These soaps have a prize inside that are sure to have kids racing to wash their hands and are a great way to extend Halloween decorating to every sink in your home.
- 1 pound of Clear Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 5 ml of Pirates Essential Oil Blend
- Neon Green Liquid Color
- Heat Safe Bowl
- Pot or Double Boiler
- Spoon or Rubber Spatula
- Heat Safe Soap Molds
- 99% isopropyl alcohol in a misting spray bottle
- Small Plastic Spiders, Bugs, Bats, Etc.
Remember to wear gloves and always practice caution while working with hot materials.
- Chop 1 pound of Clear Melt and Pour Soap Base into smaller pieces and add them to a heat safe bowl.
- Place the bowl on top of a pot with a few inches of water in it. Bring the water to a boil and gently melt the soap, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the soap from heat and add 5ml of Pirates Essential Oil Blend, then thoroughly stir everything together.
- Add Neon Green Liquid Color, a few drops at a time, until the mixture is brightly colored but still translucent.
- Pour about 1/3 of the soap mixture into your molds and mist the top with 99% isopropyl alcohol to dissipate any air bubbles. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes so the add-ins will not sink to the bottom.
- Add a few of your creepy crawlies to each mold and mist them with alcohol again before topping with the remaining soap mixture.
- Allow molds to cool and harden at room temperature for several hours.
- Remove the soap from molds and wrap tightly for storage.