Although they may not be our favorite, bugs are an unavoidable part of certain times of the year, buzzing about and playing their important part in nature. As much as we would like to completely avoid insect pests, they still manage to sneak past our barriers and leave us with bites, stings, and irritated skin. This soothing foaming body wash is the perfect thing to help calm and heal those insect bites and stings that we weren't able to escape. Unscented liquid castile soap offers a gentle cleansing base to get the area clean and ready to heal. The calming oatmeal infusion helps to relieve itchiness and moisturize inflamed and irritated skin that can result from insects bites. Lavender Essential Oil also helps to ease inflammation, reduce pain and speed healing of bug bites and stings.
- 2 Foaming Hand Soap Dispensers
- 24 oz of Water
- 4 oz of Unscented Liquid Castile Soap
- 1/4 cup of Steel Cut Oatmeal
- 10 ml of Jojoba Oil
- 5 ml of Vitamin E Oil
- 5 ml of Lavender Essential Oil
- Bring the water to a boil in a small pot.
- Place oatmeal in a heat-safe bowl and pour boiling water over the oatmeal. Cover and let the mixture sit for 1 to 2 hours.
- Pour through a fine-mesh strainer to separate. Set infused water aside and discard the oats.
- Add liquid castile soap, essential oil, vitamin E oil, and jojoba oil to a small bowl. Mix with a whisk until fully incorporated.
- Separate soap and oil mixture evenly into the 2 soap dispensers.
- Pour oatmeal-infused water into the soap dispensers until they are nearly full.
- Replace lids and shake well to combine the mixture.