Aromatherapy Heating Pad
Cold winter weather can intensify the aches and pains that many of us experience on a daily basis. Heat can work to give us a little relief from this seasonal ache while wrapping us in a comforting embrace of warmth. An aromatherapy heating pad may help to ease pain and discomfort in the body while emitting the fresh scent of eucalyptus essential oil to soothe tension in the mind.
- 1 yard of Flannel Fabric
- Thread in Matching Color
- 1-3 cups of Uncooked Rice
- 20-60 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Sewing Needle or Sewing Machine
- Cut fabric into 2 squares of equal size.
- Stack fabric squares with print sides together and carefully sew around the edges, leaving a 2-inch opening. Turn fabric outside in.
- Add 20 drops of essential oils to uncooked rice and fill the bag with scented rice mixture.
- Sew the opening closed and use your hand to evenly distribute the rice throughout the pad into a relatively flat shape.
To use, place the pad in the microwave and heat it in 20 seconds increments until you achieve the level of heat you desire. Place on the area causing pain on and off for 15-minute increments.
You may also enjoy...
- Aromatherapy Play Dough