Peppermint Bark Cookies
Peppermint bark and fresh-baked cookies are two things that can stir feelings of holiday cheer no matter the time of year. These Peppermint Bark Cookies combine the two treats into a sweet and crunchy delight that the whole family will surely enjoy. White chocolate chips and soft peppermint pieces add sweet and gooey chunks to a classic sugar cookie base that is anything but boring. Dark chocolate and white chocolate form a crunchy bark-like topping while Distiller’s Edition Single Batch Peppermint Oil adds the perfect touch of fresh minty flavor. Peppermint Bark Cookies make a great gift or addition to holiday parties.
- Cookie Base
- 1 1/2 cups of Softened Butter
- 1 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 2/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 cup of White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup of Soft Peppermint Pieces
- Dark Chocolate Ganache
- ½ cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup of Dark Chocolate Chips
- Peppermint White Chocolate Ganache
- ⅓ cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup of White Chocolate Chips
- 10 drops of Distiller’s Edition Single Batch Peppermint Oil
- ½ cup of Crushed Soft Peppermint Pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar and mix until well combined and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mixing until mostly combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Add the crushed soft peppermint candies and white chocolate chips, mixing until the additions are evenly distributed. Mix on a low speed to avoid crushing the candies and chips.
- Scoop out the dough into ⅓ cup portions and arrange them on the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie just slightly before baking.
- Bake at 350°F for 13-15 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown and the cookies have flattened and then puffed back up.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet.
- While the cookies are baking, make the dark chocolate ganache. Measure out the heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until boiling, around 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the dark chocolate chips into the hot cream and allow the bowl to sit and rest for 5-10 minutes then use a silicone spatula to slowly stir and combine the melted chocolate chips and heavy cream. Set aside and allow it to cool and thicken.
- Once the cookies have cooled and the dark chocolate ganache has cooled and thickened, make the peppermint white chocolate ganache.
- Measure the heavy cream out into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the heavy cream in the microwave until boiling.
- Pour the white chocolate chips into the hot cream and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Slowly stir to combine.
- Add peppermint essential oil to the mixture, stirring to combine.
- To assemble the cookies, spread the cooled dark chocolate ganache onto the tops of the cookies then spoon and spread the peppermint ganache on top and immediately sprinkle with the crushed soft peppermint candies for garnish.
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week.