Tea Tree and Activated Charcoal Soap
This invigorating soap is great for your whole body, face included, and especially beneficial for those with acne prone skin. Activated charcoal detoxifies the skin, unclogs pores and provides gentle exfoliation. Tea tree essential oil lends its antiseptic and antifungal properties to further combat acne and soothe the skin. You’ll be surprised at how simple it is to make such an effective bar of soap with such a striking look.
- 2 lbs Shea Butter Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 4 tsp Activated Charcoal
- 10ml Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Heat Safe Bowl
- Glass Measuring Cup
- Pot or Double Boiler
- Spoon or Rubber Spatula
- 2 lbs Loaf Mold or 8 Individual Molds
- 99% isopropyl alcohol in a misting spray bottle
- Chop two pounds of shea butter melt and pour soap base into smaller pieces and add to a heat safe bowl.
- Place the bowl on top of a pot with a few inches of water in it. Bring the water to a boil and gently melt the soap, stirring occasionally. You could also use a two-piece double boiler for this step.
- Remove the soap from heat and scoop out half a cup into your measuring cup.
- Stir four teaspoons of activated charcoal into the soap and pour it back into the rest of the soap mixture. This makes it easier to fully incorporate the charcoal.
- Add ten milliliters of tea tree essential oil and thoroughly stir everything together.
- Pour into your mold or molds and mist the top with 99% isopropyl alcohol to dissipate any air bubbles.
- Allow to cool and harden at room temperature for at least two hours.
- Remove the soap from molds and wrap tightly for storage.