Easter is right around the corner and many of us might be looking to add a little something new to our list of holiday activities this year. This fun and simple soap recipe makes a great supervised project for older kids and could become a new Easter time tradition. The cute and colorful soap makes a great addition to everyone's Easter basket and will be especially useful after an afternoon spent dying eggs or participating in an outdoor Easter egg hunt. Chocolate and Vanilla Cream perfume oils give the finished bars a sweet, candy-like scent that fits in perfectly with other Easter treats while the Cocoa Butter soap base makes for a rich and creamy lather.
- 2 lbs of Cocoa Butter Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 5 ml of Chocolate Perfume Oil
- 5 ml of Vanilla Cream Perfume Oil
- Lavender soap colorant
- Light Yellow soap colorant
- Heat Safe Bowls
- Pot or Double Boiler
- Spoon or Rubber Spatula
- Skewer or Chopstick
- Heat Safe Egg-Shaped Soap Mold
- 99% isopropyl alcohol in a misting spray bottle
- Cut the melt and pour soap base into pieces and add to a heat safe bowl.
- Place the bowl on top of a pot with a few inches of water in it. Bring the water to a bowl and gently melt the soap, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the soap from heat and add fragrance oils. Thoroughly stir everything together.
- Separate about half of the soap mixture into two smaller bowls. Color one bowl with a few drops of lavender soap colorant and one with light yellow soap colorant. Add color a few drops at a time until pastel shades are achieved.
- Pour the white mixture into your molds, filling each cavity about halfway.
- Alternating between the yellow and lavender mixtures, pour or spoon the soap into the molds.
- Drag your skewer or chopstick around through the soap to mix and swirl the colors. Be sure not to overdo it so the colors don’t completely blend together.
- Mist the top with 99% isopropyl alcohol to dissipate any air bubbles and allow to cool and harden at room temperature for at least two hours.
- Remove the soap from molds and wrap tightly for storage.
You may also enjoy...