Halloween can be a super exciting holiday for kids. Who doesn’t love dressing up in a fun or scary costume and getting lots of candy? Between the potential germs picked up while trick or treating or at Halloween parties and the mess and stickiness that can come with all of that delicious candy, Halloween can call for a little extra hand washing. It can be hard to get children enthused about handwashing, but a fun and unique soap can make the process a little easier, especially if they can help make it! If you want to create something a little different from your normal solid soap, try cute jiggling jelly soap! Creating jelly soap is simple and fun, making it a great Halloween craft to do with kids. Coconut Lemon Breeze Fragrance Oil has a sweet and creamy candy-like scent that kids are sure to love. Jelly soaps will dissolve more quickly from use than a normal solid bar of soap so it is best to make them in single-use size to avoid any waste. Around a one-inch cube is a perfect size, making smaller-sized individual soap molds or even a silicone ice cube tray great for this project. A mold with fun Halloween shapes would add the perfect spooky touch for the holiday. Coloring should be limited to a drop or two to avoid staining skin or washcloths.
- 8oz of Unscented Liquid Castile Soap
- 12oz of Distilled Water
- ½ oz of Unflavored Gelatin (2 packets)
- 30 drops of Coconut Lemon Breeze Fragrance Oil
- 1-2 drops of Red Food Coloring
- Medium Heat Safe Bowl
- Pot or Kettle
- Spoon or Rubber Spatula
- Individual Soap Molds
- Bring the water to a boil and pour it into a heat-safe bowl.
- Add gelatin and stir quickly until completely dissolved.
- Add castile soap and stir gently to incorporate to avoid creating too many bubbles.
- Add fragrance and food coloring and stir to combine.
- Pour the soap mixture into molds. If adding fake mini bugs place them in each mold.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove from molds and enjoy! Wrap soap individually to avoid sticking together.