Nothing helps ease the stresses of the past and leaves you feeling renewed for the future like a luxurious bath. Start the new year refreshed with this uplifting and revitalizing fizzy bath. It incorporates essential oils that can reset your energy to bring you peace and clarity as you step into the next chapter of your life.
Light some candles, dim the lights and sink into warm water with this DIY fizzy bath recipe while thinking upon your intentions for the new year. Breathe in and out, absorbing the aroma of the essential oils as they put your mind at ease and prepare for the goals you have set for yourself.
- 8 ounces Baking Soda
- 4 ounces Citric Acid
- 4 ounces Epsom Salt
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 teaspoon Pearl White Mica
- 1 teaspoon Gold Mica or Biodegradable Gold Glitter
- 15 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 15 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 10 drops Lime Essential Oil
7 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- Large mixing bowl (glass or metal)
- Airtight glass container
- In a large bowl mix the baking soda, citric acid, Epsom salt, and micas or glitters. Use a whisk or gloved hands to make sure everything is thoroughly incorporated. Add more glitter or mica if you want some extra sparkle!
Mix the essential oils and almond oil separately. You can play around with the scent by adding less or more of the essential oils.
Add oil mixture to the dry mixture.
Mix everything together. Using a whisk for this step helps mix in the oils and avoid lumps. You want to make sure the oils are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour into an airtight container for storage and use about 1 cup per bath.