Shamrock shaped soap in a fun green color is the picture of St. Patrick’s Day, but it is actually the essential oil blend used in this recipe that really makes it “lucky”!
The combination of lime, lemongrass, and rosemary are the perfect mixture of essential oils to help us manifest good luck and prosperity in our lives. All three of these ingredients are said to inspire good luck in life by clearing obstacles in our way, providing protection, and cleansing negative energy around us. These three oils also combine to make a garden-fresh, fruity scent that is a great transition into the upcoming spring season.
- 2 pounds Clear Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 5 milliliters Lime Essential Oil
- 5 milliliters Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 5 milliliters Rosemary Essential Oil
- Kelly Green Liquid Color
- Heat Safe Bowls
- Pot or Double Boiler
- Small glass bowl for essential oils
- Spoon or Rubber Spatula
- Shamrock Shaped Soap Mold
- 99% isopropyl alcohol in a misting spray bottle
- Add 5mls each of lime, lemongrass, and rosemary essential oil to a small bowl and stir together. Set aside.
- Chop 2lbs of clear melt and pour soap base into smaller pieces and add to a heat safe bowl.
- Place the bowl on top of a pot with a few inches of water in it. Bring the water to a boil and gently melt the soap, stirring occasionally, until the soap is fully liquified.
- Remove the soap from heat and let it cool for just a few minutes before stirring in the essential oil blend. Stir in Kelly green liquid color, a few drops at a time, until your desired color is achieved.
- Pour the soap mixture into each mold cavity. Mist the top with 99% isopropyl alcohol to dissipate any air bubbles.
- Allow to cool and harden at room temperature for at least two hours.
- Remove the soap from molds and wrap tightly (plastic wrap, preferably shrink wrap works best) for storage to avoid glycerin dew forming on the bars.